For worries and needs
The numerous consulting services in Dresden are still running, but currently they are only available by phone and
e-mail. Please finde contact informationhere. The Psychosocial Counseling Center of Dresden can still be reached by phone and mail. You can get psychological counceling there, for example in case of depressive moods. Please do not hesitate to contact any services. It is not abnormal to feel unconfident this times.
If you just want to chat with other students, contact Nightline. Together with Nightlines from all over Germany, they
offer their listening telephone in several languages during the semester break: http://nightlines.eu/english/
We can imagine that the current situation is making you feel unsure and your are worried about your friends and
relatives. If so, you can call the pastoral telephone advice anonymously and at any time or chat with trained advisors:
Things to occupy yourself in isolation
We listed some interesting links and ideas for you here. But most of all, we would like to tell you: It is perfectly okay if
you are NOT learning three new languages or writing a book in the current situation. We are all under a lot of tension
and while some people may be soaring to unimagined heights, the unfamiliar situation may turn into the opposite for
others - and both are perfectly okay.
- The student blog Campusrauschen has listed some online offers instead of the usual event tips.
- The telegram channel Input_DD, which usually offers event tips in Dresden every week, does something similar: they now offer film & book recommendations. Maybe you can even motivate people in your area for some of them and then (virtually) exchange ideas about them.
- If you are a member of the City Library, you can use e-books, music streaming, children‘s audio books, newspapers, e-learning, statistics databases and much more via Onleihe.
- Go for a walk (alone!) and listen to podcasts. Many of them are free of charge.
- Meet up with friends virtually to eat together, watch TV series or lounge on the couch.
- Literature enthusiasts who couldn‘t make it to the Book Fair will find what they are looking for here and here
- Stay physically active and do sports, which fortunately can also be done alone at home.
- Athttp://www.openculture.com/ you will find a collection of free, English-language media, such as films,MOOCs or e-books
- „Home alone Dresden“ is a Facebook group that has been created while the new corona virus forces everyoneto reduce social contacts.
For all who are looking for a reason to go out - or who need help:
We will try to get through this challenging time together. Therefore we ask you: If you have the capacity, offer your
help! If you need help, do not be afraid to ask for it.